Under the Workforce Investment Act(WIA), the plan for Iowa's Workforce Development system is to provide the opportunity for:
- Job Seekers to assess thier skills and match them with jobs that meet their abilities and family needs.
- Employers to locate qualified new and motivated workers.
- Job Seekers and employers to access information that will assist them to developing their career and business plans.
Eligibility for the Adult Program is based on the federal household income guidelines.
Eligibility for the Dislocated Worker program is based on work history and unemployment information.
- Level 1 Staff-Assisted Core Services - Job Search and placement assistance, including career counseling, individulaized job development, job-seeking and job-keeping workshops and job referrals.
- Level 2 Intensive Services - Comprehensive assessments of skill levels, abilites and service needs, development of an individual employment plan, counseling and career planning, short-term pre-vocational services, skill upgrading, internships and work experiences.
- Level 3 Training Services - Customized training, occupational skill training, entrepreneurial training, on-the-job training, remedial and basic skill training, secondary education certification and retraining.
|WIA Office - Clay, Dickinson
Emmet, Palo Alto & Kossuth Counties
217 West Fifth Street
Spencer, Iowa 51301
|WIA Office - Lyon, Sioux, O'Brien
& Osceola Counties
NCC Building C, Room 308
603 West Park Street
Sheldon, Iowa 51201