WORKFORCE INNOVATION AND OPPORTUNITY ACT
SERVING ADULTS & DISLOCATED WORKERS
BUENA VISTA, CLAY, DICKINSON, EMMET, KOSSUTH, LYON, OBRIEN, OSCEOLA, PALO ALTO AND SIOUX COUNTIES
Under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the plan for the IowaWORKS system is to provide the opportunity for.
- Job Seekers to assess their skills and match them with jobs that meet their abilities and family needs.
- Employers to locate qualified new and motivated workers.
- Job Seekers and employers to access information that will assist them in developing their career and business plans.
Eligibility for the Adult program is based on federal household income guidelines.
Eligibility for the Dislocated Worker program is based on work history and unemployment information.
- Job Search and placement assistance, including career counseling, individualized job development, job-seeking and job-keeping workshops and job referrals.
- Comprehensive assessments of skill levels, abilities and service needs, development of an individual employment plan, counseling and career planning, short-term pre-vocational services, skill upgrading, internships and work experiences.
- Customized training, occupational skill training, entrepreneurial training, on-the-job training, remedial and basic skill training, secondary education certification and retraining.
For More Information Contact:
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
P.O. Box 1493
217 West Fifth Street
Spencer, Iowa 51301